HONORS AND AWARDS
Mauritius Research and Innovation Council (MRIC) Project Proposal Reviewer, “Investigating the use of PET Plastic as Reinforced Material in Concrete Blocks”, Cybercity, Republic of Mauritius.
Best Student Project Award (Top Three) in the the entire collge of engineering from the teacing academic year 2019 - second semeter for teaching course GE 105 – Introduction to Engineering Design to under graduate students of King Saud University.
Consultant in the Project “Sustainability Eco-Point and Performance of Green Lightweight Concrete
using Saudi Local Waste” 01/05/2017-30/04/2019, SR 319375. Deanship of Scientific Research (DSR),
Project # 2017-212-Eng., Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University (IAU), Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
Received awardfor the chairman of Korean Reserch Foundation (KRF) for my Keynote Speech at 1st International Conference on Durability of Building and Infrastructures, 10-12 January, DuraBI 2018, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Signed Memorandom of Understanding (MOU) with Hanyang University, South Korea for student exchange program and collaboration in research and teaching.
Distinguished Short Courses Instructor for students and faculty staff, Civil Engineering Department, Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), Harbin, China, June 1-9, 2018.
Invited with Complete Financial Support as “Keynote Speaker” at 1st International Conference on Durability of Building and Infrastructures, 10-12 January, DuraBI 2018, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia.
External Referee for Faculty Promotion Committe, XJT Liverpool University, China.
Certification in Saudi Smart Cities under the Vision 2030 held from 16-18 May 2017, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Official Paid Reviewer for Books published by Elsevier.
Included in Panel of Examiners for Ph.D Thesis Evaluation, Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, India.
External Supervisor, M.Sc. and Ph.D Researh Thesis / Dissertations Examination, University of Malaya, Malaysia.
Saudia Radio FM radio frequency: 97.0 Invited frequently for disucssionsand my expert opinion in their programs “Open Hour”, “Saudi Nights” “Economy Report” etc.which went on air Live on 8th January, 12th February, 2ndApril, 23rd April, 4th Junefrom 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm and may other days as well.
Invited Referee for Post Graduate Masters and Ph.D Admissions and Scholarships at Hong Kong University.
Visiting Professor, Civil Engineering Department, Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), Harbin, China.
Developer and Incharge of Corrosion Lab., CoE-CRT, College of Enginering, King Saud University, KSA.
International Collaborator, Enhancement of concrete properties made from local waste materials using Nano particles. 27/08/2015-27/08/2016, Geran Penyelidikan Universiti Malaya (UMRG), RG 037A-15AET. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Expert Advisor to Publisher for Civil Engineering books portfolio at Elsevier, especially in the area of Corrosion in Concrete Structures.
Ph.D Examiner, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, India.
Consistently most downloaded researcher in Civil Engineering Deptt., ReserchGate, USA.
Continuing as External Examiner, M.Sc. and Ph.D dissertations, University of Malaya, Malaysia.
Invited Interview by ACI (American Concrete Institute) with MCI group for my expert advice and input in concrete technology for the American Concrete Institute on 21st February, 2016 1:30-2:00 pm KSA time.
Saudia Radio FM radio frequency: 97.0 Invited frequently for disucssionsand my expert opinion in their programs “Open Hour”, “Economy Report”, “Lets Connect” etc.which went on air Live on 2nd October, 2016from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm and may other times as well.
Invited Expert, Remote Referee &Evaluator for European Research Council Proposal “Enhanced Durability Predictions of Reinforced Concrete Exposed to Corrosive Environments” Recommended by ‘Products & Processess Engineering’ Panel (PE8), ERCEA.B.4 - Physical Sciences and Engineering, Brussels.
Recommended Expert & Assessor by Elsevier Editorial Team for Currency Timestamping of Articles related to Corrosion.
Most downloaded researcher in Civil Engineering Deptt., ReserchGate, USA.
Invited Judge for the Young Researcher Best Paper Competition, CC2015, Saxe-Coburg Publications - Civil-Comp Ltd.
Book Series Editor at Bentham Science Publishers.
Invited by Radio-Riyadh,FM radio frequency: 97.0, for a disucssion and my expert opinion in their program which went on air Live on 11thJanuary from 8:00-09:00 pm.
Re-Included in Marquis Who’s Who in the World, USA.
Member board for International Journal of Geomate, Japan, ISI.
Quality Certificaiotns in mystery shopping for ISC, McDonald’s,Sony & Swarovski Crystals by International Service Check, AG, Germany.
Winner of Al Kasabi Award for Best Research Project of the year in the whole Kingdom of Saudi Arabiaand 50,000SR (USD 13,500 approx.) cash prize.
Nomimated for Vice President of Saudi Section ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers), USA.
External Examiner, M.Sc. and Ph.D dissertations, University of Malaya, Malaysia.
Invited to write an Editorial for Journal of Advanced Chemical Engineering, JCEE, OMICS, USA.
Invited frequently by Radio-Riyadh, FM radio frequency: 97.0, for a disucssion and my expert opinion in their programs which went on air Live on 13thJuly, 2014 from 10:30-11:30 pm, and on 14th Sep., 21st Sep., 19th Oct. and 23rd Nov., 2014 from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Invited as Consultant for the International Project "Sustainable Rural Development in the Refugee-Affected and Hosting Areas of Pakistan" programme (RAHA) (Contract n°260022)", SSIL, FWC Beneficiaries 2013, Lot 12 (Humanitarian Aid, Crisis Management and Post-Crisis assistance)EuropeAid/132633/C/SER.
Invited for a personal interview by Radio Riyadh (FM radio frequency: 97.0) regarding my life, background, educaiton, experiences, exceptional achievements etc.under the program “lets connect”.
Invited editor for ebook series volumes, Bentham Science Book Publishers.
Invited Editorialsfor Journal of Civil &Environmental Engineering, JCEE, OMICS, USA.
Hands on experience on a huge number of laboratory equipments used in civil engineeing laboratory including daily use instruments as well as state of the art equipment such as GECOR, GAMRY, EIS, Potentiostat, Galvanostat, AC/DC Corrosion techniques, SEM, XRD, XRF, Raman, Half-Cell, Corrosion Currentand Potential, Concrete Resistivity meter, multi purposedata loggersetc.
Received Gold Medal at the 41st International Exhibition of Inventions, Geneva, Switzerland which is one of the largest invention shows in the word.
3rd position in all the 17 research chairs, 3 research centers and 2 research institutes, totalling 22 research bodies of the college of engineering, KSU. (personal communication)
Invited and Interviewed regarding my achievements and successes by John Wiley and Sons, Inc., England in the Take Note and Promote Series published online on 08th July.
Invited and Judged the young researcher best paper competition on Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering Computing, CC2013, Civil-Comp Limited, U.K.
Invited and Interviewed again by Wiley publishers, England which was published online on 24th Julyregarding me being a successful young research scientist in the consruction industry, my editorial board and publication experiences, my passion for traveling, my jobs/positions held over the years, including both private and public sector positions etc.Weblink:http://writeforwiley.com/2013/07/24/interview-dr-raja-rizwan-hussain/
Re-Included in Marquis Who’s Who in the World, USA.
Invited Editor for Research SignPost, book publishers inc., India.
Invited to write an Editorial for Journal of Civil &Environmental Engineering, JCEE, OMICS, USA.
Editor, Athens Institute for Education and Research, ATINER, Athens, Greece.
Invited by Radio-Riyadh, FM radio frequency: 97.0, for a disucssion on the topic “infrastructure development and economic growth” which went on air Live on 22ndDeceomber from 08:00-09:00 pm.
Invited as Foreign Collaborator for the Research Project, Developing High Performance Lightweight Concrete using nano and Local Waste of Malaysia” at the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
Official reviewer of XJT Liverpool University for their researh grants and proposals.
Invited by Radio-Riyadh, fm radio frequency: 97.0, for a disucssion and my expert opinoion on the topic of “recent technology & scientific developments in the world” which went on air Live on 17th Deceomber from 08:30-09:30 pm and again in the repeat telecast of recording next day morning 08:30-09:30 am.
Invited Extermal Examiner for PhD Thesis Dissertation by the University of Auckland.
Invited byRiyadh Radio (FM radio frequency: 97.0) for a talk show and my expert opinoion on “research and research centres” which went on air Live on 1st October from 08:30-09:30 pm and again in the repeat telecast of recording next day morning 08:30-09:30 am.
Invited for a personal interview by Radio Riyadh (FM radio frequency: 97.0) regarding my life, educaiton, achievements etc. which went on air Live on 15thOctober from 08:30-09:30 pm in the night and repeat telecast of my interview recording on 16th October from 08:30-09:30 am in the morning .
Included in Education and Development Committee of WPEP, Canada.
Sir Issac Newtwon Scientific Award by American Biograhical Institute, Inc. USA.
Nominated for Great Minds of the 21st Century by American Biographical Institute (ABI), Inc.
2ndposition inall the 22 research bodies (17 research chairs, 3 research centers and 2 research institutes)of the college of engineering, KSU. (personal communication)
Received letter of appreciation in acknowledgement of my achievements from the Dean of the College of Engineering at King Saud University.
Received Silver Medal for computation of dispersed individual activation energies and development of activation energy model in 11thMTE Invention and Innovation Awards at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Re-Included in Marquis Who’s Who Publications 2012 edition, USA.
Received Silver Medal for technique of preventing macro-cell corrosion in the simulated reinforced concrete patch at 11th MTE Invention and Innovation Awards at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Distinguished Research and Publication Quality Award in the consecutive four years of service (2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012) from DSR, King Saud University, KSA.
Excellent research award for the year 2010-2011 with 1stposition in the entire college of engineering, KSU including electrical, civil, mechanical, chemical, petroleum and gas, industrial engineering departments as well as all the research centers, institutes and research chairs.
Included in Top 100 Engineers for the year 2011 by IBC, England.
Received 21st Century Award for Achievement.
Nominated as International Educator of the Year.
Included in Top 200 Intellecturals o the Century by IBC, U.K.
Appointed as Project Co-ordinator for the Center of Excellence for Concrete Research & Testing.
2010-2011: Included in Who’s Who in the World 2010 & 2011 edition, USA.
2009: Best journal paper award for the last four years (2005-2009) from SSMS, Tokyo, Japan.
2008: Open offer of appointment from Higher Education Comission (H.E.C) NUST Branch, Govt. of Pakistan for appoinment as Asst. Professor with BPS-19 special pay scale.
2006-2008: Appeared in several T.V programs (interviews, talk shows, live performances, reality TV, cultural shows, events, trainings etc.) broadcasted on NHK T.V National Channel of Tokyo, BS2 and BS hi Vision TV channels in Japan under the series name of Cool Japan.
2006-2008: Obtained PhD degree in a record short time period of just two years from the University of Tokyo.
2007: USIRS Award from the University of Sydney international research scholarship, Australia.
2006: Extended the ADB scholarship from Mater course to1PhD course which is very rare and highly competitive as ADB scholarship is primarily meant for Master course only.
2006: Obtained Medal and Prize for outstanding best research thesis in Master course from the University of Tokyo.
2004-2006: Passed all the course work of Master Degree1from The University of Tokyo with all ‘A’ grades1throughout the studies and obtained certification for the1same.
2004: ADB (Asian Development Bank)-University of Tokyo scholarship for M.Sc./Ph.D holder, 2004-2006.
2004: Received AIT (Asian Institute of Technology) Bangkok, M.Sc./Ph.D Fellow ship.
2004: Successfully completed public service comission and became Asst. Director / SDO (Sub divisional Officer) in Ministry of C&W Department, Government of Pakistan(Communication and works Department) Buildings and Roads Division.
2002-2004: Got promoted to asst. Professor at University of Engineering and Technology (U.E.T), Lahore (best engineering university of Pakistan) within less than 1.5 years of total experience which is a record.
2002: Received invitation letter from the chairman, Civil Engineering Deparment, University of Engineering & Technology ( U.E.T), Lahore to join the department as a lecturer.
2000-2002: Successfully designed and executed several RC high rise building projects in competition to much more senior and reputed structural designers and finally developed a national fame in the country (Received several experience certificates and letters of appreciation for the same).
1993-2001: Marshall Arts expert and former member of Shotokaan Judo & Karate Centre, Lahore, Pakistan.
1999-2000: Participated in survey camp from Govt. Of Pakistan-U.E.T collaboration & obtained certificate of excellent performamce.
1996-2000: Remained in top five university positions & obtained certification for the same.
1983-1995: Always remained on 1st position in every class until high school/college and obtained certification for the same.
Section Editor, Innovations in Corrosion and Materials Science, Bentham Science.
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Civil Engineering and Construction Technology (JCECT).
International Representative for Middle East Region, International Journal of Geomate, Japan,ISI.
- Assessor, Structures and Buildings Journal, ICE Publishers, UK, ISI Impact Factor: 0.494
- Editor, Journal of Civil & Environmental Engineering, OMICS, USA.
- EBM, International Journal of Constructive Research in Civil Engineering (IJCRCE), ARC Publications.
- Editor, International Journal of Metallurgy and Metal Physics, 1805 N Carson Street, Suite S, Carson City, NV 89701, USA.
- Member Advisory/Editorial Board, International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering.
- Editor, Journal of Global Warming, Scientific Federation, CrossRef, SciFed.
- EBM, Modern Civil & Structural Engineeting (MCSE), Isaac Scientific Publishing, Hong Kong.
Editor in Chief, Journal of Buildings Research, Pak Publishing Group, Singapore.
Eidtor- in-Chief, Journal Acta IngenierÃa Civil, Lawarence Press LLP, Delhi, India.
Associate Editor, International Journal of Computational and Experimental Methods in Engineering (IJCEME)”, Alberta, Canada.
Editorial Panel Member, Structures and Buildings Journal, ICE Publishers, UK, ISI Impact Factor: 0.494.
Editorial Board Member, Innovative Infrastructure Solutions (IIS), Springer.
Asscoiate Editor, Journal of Construction and Building Material.
Editorial Board Member, Engineering, Scientific Research Publishing (SCRIP), USA.
Associate Editor, Computations and Materials in Civil Engineering (CMCE)), Alberta, Canada.
Editorial Board Member, JESTCH, Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal, Elsevier.
Advisory Board Member, International Journal of Research on Engineering Structures & Materails (RESM), Turkey.
Member EB, Jacob Journal of Civil Egnineering, Austin, Texas, USA.
Editorial Board Member for Journal of Advnced Electrocheistry, ISSN: 2455-0205.
Invited Member Editorial Board for International Journal of Computational and Experimental Methods in Engineering (IJCEME), Canada.
Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Metallurgy and Metal Physics, Carson City, NV 89701, USA.
Online Manuscript Managing & Assigning Editor, Cogent Engineering Journal, UK, ISI.
Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Inventions in Engineering & Science Technology, e-ISSN: 2454-9584, p-ISSN: 2454-8111.
Invited Editorial Board Member, Journl of Steel Structure& Constrution (JSSC), OMICS, USA.
Handling Editor, Frontiers in Materials Journal, Switzerland.
Guest Editor, Special Issue “Corrosion of Steel in Concrete Structures”, Journal of Civil and Environmental Engineering, USA.
Board of Editor’s Member, International Journal of Advances in Engineering Research, IRA Publications, India, e-ISSN - 2231-5152, p-ISSN - 2454-1796.
Editorial Board Member, SSRG International Journal of Civil Engineering, Seventh Sense Research Group.
Member Editorial Board for International Journal of Innovations in Scientific Engineering, e-ISSN: 2454-6402, p-ISSN: 2454-812X.
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture Research, ISSN: 2333-911X (Print); ISSN: 2333-9128 (Online), 1902 Merced Ave, South El Monte, CA 91733, USA.
Member of Editorial Board, International Journal of Innovations in Applied Science & Engineering, IRA Publications, India, e-ISSN: 2454-9258, p-ISSN: 2454-809X.
Editorial Board Member, Construction Engineering (CE) Journal, ISSN Online: 2329-3373,ISSN Print: 2329-3365, 6815 E Manor Drive, Terre Haute, IN 47802, USA.
Editorial Board Team Member, Internaitonal Journal of Universal Science and Engineering, e-ISSN: 2454-759X, p-ISSN:2454-7581, India.
Editor, Corrosion & Engineering Journals section, OMICS Publishing Group, USA.
Member Editorial Board for International Journal of Research in Science and Technology, e-ISSN: 2249-0604, p-ISSN:2454-180X.
Editorial Manager Reviewer, Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer.
Editor, Cogent Engineering Journal, UK, ISI.
Editorial Board Member, Corrosion Engineering section, Journal of Advanced Chemical Engineering, OMICS Publishing Group, USA.
Editoral Board Member, Journal of Materials Science and Chemical Engineering, Scientific Reserch Publishing Inc., USA.
- Co-Editor for a publication volume on Architectural Construction Materials & Building Technologies, ATINER, Athense, Greece.Manuscript Assessing Editor &Member of Editorial Advisory Panel, Construction Materials Journal, Institue of Civil Engineers (ICE), U.K.
- Board Member, Journal of Civil Engineering and Science (JCES), The World Academic Publishing Co., LTD.
- Journal of Control Science and Engineering, NY, USA.
- Associate Editor, Basic Research Journal of Engineering Innovation (BRJENG).
- Honorary Editorial Advisory Board Member, Scientia Research Library, USA.
- Editor, Journal of Physical Science and Engineering, Puncil Academic Press Publishers.
- Editorial Board Member, Current Advances in Civil Engineering CACE, American V-King Scientific Publishing, New York, USA.
- Member of EIC for Innovations in Corrosion and Materials Science Journal, Bentham Science Publishers.
- Editorial Member, Global Scholastic Research Journal, Asian Academic Research Associates, India.
- Editorial Board Member, IRJPEH, Journal Issues Publishers.
- Board Member, Global Educational Research Journal.
- Editorial Board Member, Zeal Scienza, Secunderabad, India.
- Editor-in-Chief, American Journal of Engineering and Construction Technology, USA.
- Member of Editorial Board, Computers and Concrete, An International Journal (CAC), Techno Press, ISI Impact Factor: 1.015.
- Editorial Board Member for Structural Engineering and Mechanics, An International Journal (SEM), Korea, ISI Impact Factor: 0.863.
- Editorial Board, Scientific Research and Impact (SRI), ISSN 2315-5396, Science Park Services Inc.
- Editorial Manager, online submission and peer review tracking system for Journal of Civil &Environmental Engineering,JCEE, OMICS, USA.
- Member of Editorial Board, Journal of Civil Engineering and Architechture, USA (ISSN: 1934-7359)
- Editor-in-Chief, Frontiers in Geoscience (FG), American V-King Scientific Publishing, LTD, NY, USA.
- Co-Editor, GSTF Journal of Engineering Technology (JET) Forum, Singapore.
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Interdisciplinary Current Researches, India.
- Member of Editorial Board for Applied Scientific Letters, Herbert Publications, U.K.
- Member of Editorial Board, Petrotex Publication Group, USA.
- Editor, ISSJ publishing house, safety science.
- Editorial Board Member for Advances in Concrete Construction (ACC), An International Journal, Korea, ISSN:2287-5301(Print) ISSN:2287-531X(Online), ISI Indexed.
- Member of Editorial Board, Journal of Scientific Research and Reviews (JSRR), ISSN 2277 0690.
- Editorial Board, AOCSR Research Journal of Chemical Sciences, India.
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Educational Research, Wudpecker Publishers.
- Editor-in-Chief, Advances in Geological and Geophysical Engineeing Journal, AGGE, USA.
- Editor, News in Engineering (NiE), Civil Engineering section, sci-pub, Thomson Ltd., Slovakia.
- Member Editorial Board for Research Journal in Chemical Sciences.
- Editorial Board Member, Advancement and Development in Mathematical Sciences.
- Member of Editorial Board, Advancements and Developments in Applied Mathematics.
- Editor, Journal of Advances in Chemistry, Impact Factor 0.71.
- Editor Member of Current Advances in Civil Engineering, USA.
- Editorial Board Member for International Journal of Nano Science and Technology, USA.
- Associate Editor for the African Journal of Engineering Research (AJER).
- Invited Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Engineering and Technology
Research (IJEATR), New York, USA.
- Editorial Board Member by appointment for Internatioanl Journal of Engineering & Technology,
- International Editor ofIJAS Journal, USA.
- Invited to be Editor-in-Chief of IJRS Journal, ISI Impact Factor: 1.17, Taylor & Francis, U.K.
- Editorial board member of Open Journal of Civil Engineering, USA.
- Editorial Board member of Open Journal of Earthquake Engineering, SCIRP, USA.
- Guest Editor for Applied Mathematics Journal, USA Special Issue on “Numerical Analysis”
- Member of Editorial Board, Recent Patents on Engineering, USA.
- Editorial Board member of Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research Journal
(ETASR), Greece, Scientific Journal Impact factor 3.447.
- Editorial board member for Recent Patents on Corrosion Science.
- Member Editorial board of Engineering and Technology, Inventi Journals.
- International Editor for The structural design of tall and special buildings, Wiley, England, ISI
Impact Factor: 1.041
- Editorial board member of Journal of Materials Science Research, Canada.
- Official evaluator for Mehran University of Engineering and Technology Research Journal.